The Certified Penetration Tester (CPENT) program is all about the pen test and will teach you to perform in an enterprise network environment that must be attacked, exploited, evaded, and defended. If you have only been working in flat networks, CPENT’s live practice range will teach you to take your skills to the next level by teaching you to pen test IoT systems, OT systems, as well as how to write your own exploits, build your own tools, conduct advanced binaries exploitation, double pivot to access hidden networks, and customization of scripts and exploits to get into the innermost segments of the network.
You have the potential to earn two certifications with one exam. If you score above a 90% on the CPENT live range exam, not only will you earn the CPENT certification, but you will also earn the Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT) Master Credential!
To be a LPT (Master) means that you can find chinks in the armor of defense-in-depth network security models with the help of network pivoting, making exploit codes work in your favor, or by writing Bash, Python, Perl, and Ruby scripts. The live range CPENT exam demands that you think on your feet, be creative in your approach, and not rely on the conventional techniques.
Outsmarting and out maneuvering the adversary is what sets you apart from the crowd. The CPENT’s hands-on exam offers a challenge like no other by simulating a complex network in real time. This experience will test your perseverance and focus by forcing you to outdo yourself with each new challenge.
- Choose your challenge! Either two 12-Hour sessions or a single 24-Hour exam!
- EC-Council specialists proctor the entire exam – Validity is not in question.
- Score at least 70% and become a CPENT
- Score at least 90% and earn the highly regarded LPT (Master) designation!
The MasterClass Package Includes:
Certified Penetration Testing Professional (CPENT) Live Course:
- EC-Council Certified Penetration Testing Professional (CPENT) Live Course
- CPENT Printed Courseware (US courses Only)
- CPENT Practice Range (90 days access)
- CPENT Certification Exam
- Exam Insurance Program
- CPENT Online Self-Paced Streaming Video (1 year access)
The Most Robust
The MasterClass Penetration Tester program includes three courses with the potential to earn two certifications:
- Students will attend the live Certified Penetration Testing Professional (CPENT) Pen-Test Course which will teach a structured, methodological approach on how to use the tools taught in the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) course in a real world pen test scenario.
- The Next step will be to apply the concepts taught in the CPENT course against the practice range. Finally student will challenge the CPENT certification exam on the live CPENT exam cyberrange.
- Those who earn 70% or better will earn their CPENT certification but those who earn 90% or better earns the License Penetration Tester Master (LPT) credential.
The Most Practice Ranges
The CPENT range consists of entire network segments that replicate an enterprise network — this is not a computer game simulation; this is an accurate representation of an enterprise network that will present the latest challenges to the pen tester. The benefit of hands on learning in a live practice range is that candidates will encounter multiple layers of network segmentation, and the CPENT course will teach candidates how to navigate these layers, so that once access is gained in one segment, a candidate will know the latest pivoting techniques required to reach the next. However, that won’t be enough on its own as the targets and segments are progressive in nature, so once you get into one machine and or segment, the next one will challenge you even more!
The CPENT range requires your exploits be tested by different defenses you are likely to see in the wild. Candidates are required to get their exploits past the defenses by weaponizing them. Here is a sample of what else you can expect to find in the CPENT range:
- The Access Hidden Networks with Pivoting zone will require you to identify the filtering rules then penetrate the direct network. From there, candidates have to attempt pivots into hidden networks using single pivoting methods, but through a filter. Most certifications do not have a true pivot across disparate networks and few (if any) have the requirement into and out of a filtering device.The CPENT range contains a zone that is dedicated to ICS SCADA networks that the candidate will have to penetrate from the IT network side and gain access to the OT network.
- In the Privilege Escalation challenge, the latest methods of privilege escalation reverse engineering code to take control of execution then break out of the limited shell are required to gain root/admin.
- The Advanced Windows Attacks zone contains a complete forest that you first have to gain access to and then use PowerShell and any other means to execute Silver and Gold Ticket and Kerberoasting.
- CPENT is the first certification that requires you to locate IOT devices and then gain access to the network. Once on the network, you must identify the firmware of the IOT device, extract it, and then reverse engineer it.
- Once you have braved and mastered the challenges of the pivot, the next challenge is the double pivot. This is not something that you can use a tool for; in most cases the pivot has to be set up manually. CPENT is the first certification in the world that requires you to access hidden networks using double pivoting.
The Most Labs
- 8 network ranges (zones)
- 105 lab exercises
Exam Insurance Program
Here at Masterclass we know that test taking can be very stressful, so we have developed a program to put your mind at ease.
While no one can guarantee that you will pass the exam, we can offer you Exam Insurance: If you fail either certification exam included in this program on the first attempt, EC-Council will pay for the next attempt. Any further attempts can be purchased at the reduced “retake” rate.