Communication and Facilitation
Business analysts have the responsibility to gather, analyze, and validate business and technical requirements for their projects, thus they need communication and facilitation skills to manage requirements meetings and workshops. In this highly interactive course, participants will gain the skills to be an effective facilitator, one who can help stakeholders define their needs and form quantifiable requirements. Material covered includes tested techniques for meeting planning and preparation, brainstorming, analysis, and decision making.
Participants will have the opportunity to practice these techniques in a safe environment with a trained facilitator who will give relevant, timely feedback. Participants will leave class with the confidence to facilitate a meeting from the planning stages, motivating group participation, building consensus, maintaining session focus, and evaluating results for lessons learned. Basic communication skills will be added to the course to make their facilitation more effective.
Students in this course will be prepared to:
- Describe the Communication Model
- Practice better listening skills
- Communicate with and among different work styles
- Engage in crucial conversations
- Describe the role of facilitation in business analysis
- Facilitate planning
- Apply meeting facilitation techniques
- Leverage the Six Hats facilitation method
- Practice situation appraisal and problem solving techniques
- Use techniques for facilitating sessions for creative problem solving
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Is there a discount available for current students?UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training?Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.