CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner CASP+ (exam CAS-004) is the only advanced level cybersecurity certification designed strictly for practitioners, not managers.
In this course, you will expand on your knowledge of information security to apply more advanced principles that will keep your organization safe from the many ways it can be threatened
This course can also benefit you if you intend to pass the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CAS-004) certification examination. What you learn and practice in this course can be a significant part of your preparation.
What’s Included In CASP+ Training At UMBC Training Centers:
- Authorized/Official CompTIA Courseware
- CompTIA Certified Trainer
- Official CompTIA Labs
- Practice Exams
- Continuing education units for relevant courses
- CASP+ Exam voucher
- Free Course Retake (Space available basis for a period of 1 year)
This course supports a certification that is a DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification and meets DoD 8140/8570 training requirements.
CompTIA CASP+ Certification Prerequisites:
To be ready for this advanced course, you should have at least a foundational knowledge of information security. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Knowledge of identity and access management (IAM) concepts and common implementations, such as authentication factors and directory services.
- Knowledge of cryptographic concepts and common implementations, such as Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) and public key infrastructure (PKI).
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and implementations, such as the TCP/IP model and configuration of routers and switches.
- Knowledge of common security technologies used to safeguard the enterprise, such as anti-malware solutions, firewalls, and VPNs.
CompTIA® Security+® is strongly recommended.
Who Should Enroll In CompTIA CASP+ Training?
This course is designed for IT professionals in the cybersecurity industry whose primary job responsibility is to secure complex enterprise environments. The target student should have real-world experience with the technical administration of these enterprise environments.
This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) certification and who want to prepare for the CAS-004 exam. Students seeking CASP+ certification should have at least 10 years of experience in IT management, with at least 5 years of hands-on technical security experience.
Topics Covered In Our CASP+ Course:
In this course, you will analyze and apply advanced security concepts, principles, and implementations that contribute to enterprise-level security, including:
- Support IT governance in the enterprise with an emphasis on managing risk.
- Leverage collaboration tools and technology to support enterprise security.
- Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise.
- Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques.
- Implement cryptographic techniques.
- Implement security controls for hosts.
- Implement security controls for mobile devices.
- Implement network security.
- Implement security in the systems and software development lifecycle.
- Integrate hosts, storage, networks, applications, virtual environments, and cloud technologies in a secure enterprise architecture.
- Conduct security assessments.
- Respond to and recover from security incidents.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Lesson 1: The Enterprise Security Architecture
Topic 1A: The Basics of Enterprise Security
Topic 1B: The Enterprise Structure
Topic 1C: Enterprise Security Requirements
Lesson 2: Enterprise Security Technology
Topic 2A: Common Network Security Components and Technologies
Topic 2B: Communications and Collaboration Security
Topic 2C: Cryptographic Tools and Techniques
Topic 2D: Advanced Authentication
Lesson 3: Enterprise Resource Technology
Topic 3A: Enterprise Storage Security Issues
Topic 3B: Distributed, Shared, and Virtualized Computing
Topic 3C: Cloud Computing and Security
Lesson 4: Security Design and Solutions
Topic 4A: Network Security Design
Topic 4B: Conduct a Security Assessment
Topic 4C: Host Security
Lesson 5: Application Security Design
Topic 5A: Application Security Basics
Topic 5B: Web Application Security
Lesson 6: Managing Risk, Security Policies, and Security Procedures
Topic 6A: Analyze Security Risk
Topic 6B: Implement Risk Mitigation Strategies and Controls
Topic 6C: Implement Enterprise-Level Security Policies and Procedures
Topic 6D: Prepare for Incident Response and Recovery
Lesson 7: Enterprise Security Integration
Topic 7A: The Technology Life Cycle
Topic 7B: Inter-Organizational Change
Topic 7C: Integrate Enterprise Disciplines to Achieve Secure Solutions
Lesson 8: Security Research and Analysis
Topic 8A: Perform an Industry Trends and Impact Analysis
Topic 8B: Perform an Enterprise Security Analysis
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to the CompTIA® Advanced Security Practitioner (Exam CAS-004) Objectives
Appendix B: CompTIA Acronyms
Appendix C: Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
Appendix D: Managing Risk in Projects
Appendix E: Legal lssues
Appendix F: Judgment and Decision-Making
Lab 1: Integrate Documentation into Risk Management
Lab 2: Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions
Lab 3: Analyze Scenarios to Secure the Enterprise
Lab 4: Implement Authentication and Authorization Technologies
Lab 5; Choose Cryptographic Techniques
Lab 6: Harden Hosts
Lab 7: Virtualize Servers and Desktops
Lab 8: Protect Boot Loaders
Lab 9: Implement Secure Storage Controls
Lab 10: Configure Controls for Network Security
Lab 11: Implement Application Security Controls
Lab 12: Select Vulnerability Assessment Tools
Lab 13: Design Systems to Facilitate Incident Response
Lab 14: Conduct Incident and Emergency Responses
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.