Containerizing Software Applications with Exam (DO277)
Containerizing Software Applications with Exam (DO277) introduces you to deploying applications in containers using Docker and Kubernetes. Learn how to design containers for the deployment of an existing application across multiple containers, build and test those containers using Docker, and deploy the application in a Kubernetes cluster to achieve high availability and load balancing. Through hands-on labs, students will take a monolithic application and break it down into its distinct services thereby illustrating how containers are an excellent vehicle for microservices architecture deployment.
This course also includes the exam, Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Containerized Application Development (EX276).
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Deploy applications in containers using Docker and Kubernetes
Who Should Take This Course
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for developers, architects, and system administrators who wish to learn how to deploy containerized applications using Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® Atomic Host software and what changes might make them well-behaved applications in a container environment.
Students should have the following:
- Familiarity with general programming and scripting concepts.
- An understanding of the runtime environment configuration for the language of choice.
- Familiarity with relational database concepts and a basic knowledge of SQL; MySQL experience is recommended.
- Basic Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration skills; Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification recommended.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Get started with containers
- Introduce and review the course.
Work with containers
- Provision a database server using container technology.
- Work with and manipulate existing container images to produce containerized services.
Create custom images
- Manage the life cycle of an image from creation to deletion.
Design container images for application deployment
- Design and code a Dockerfile to build a custom container image.
Test containerized application deployment
- Design and build a custom container image for the deployment of an application over multiple containers.
Troubleshoot containerized applications
- Deploy a multi-container application using Kubernetes.
Provision development environments
- Utilize various techniques to troubleshoot a containerized application.
Comprehensive review of containerizing software applications
- Provision a development environment using the Red Hat CDK.
- Demonstrate how to containerize a software application.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.