Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO285)
Introduction to building and managing docker containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster
Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO285) helps you build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and the Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.9 and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.5. DO285 combines the content from Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) and Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280).
Through an introduction to Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Platform, this course helps you understand one of the key tenets of the DevOps movement: continuous integration and continuous deployment. Containers have become a key technology for the configuration and deployment of applications and microservices. Kubernetes is a container orchestration platform that provides foundational services in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, which allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes.
In addition to gaining an understanding of these tools, you will build core administration skills through the installation, configuration, and management of an OpenShift cluster.
Who Should Take This Course
- Developers who want to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- System administrators who want to learn more about OpenShift
- System architects who want to learn more about OpenShift
- Architects and developers who want to install and configure OpenShift
- Have ability to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
Why You Should Take This Course
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Learn about container, Docker, and OpenShift architecture.
- Create containerized services.
- Manage containers and container images.
- Create custom container images.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
- Install an OpenShift cluster.
- Configure and manage masters and nodes.
- Secure OpenShift.
- Control access to resources on OpenShift.
- Monitor and collect metrics on OpenShift.
- Deploy applications on OpenShift using source-to-image (S2I).
- Manage storage on OpenShift.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Describe container technology
- Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by the OpenShift Container Platform.
- Create containerized services
- Provision a server using container technology.
- Manage containers
- Manipulate pre-built container images to create and manage containerized services.
- Manage container images
- Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
- Create custom container images
- Design and code a Dockerfile to build a custom container image.
- Deploy multi-container applications
- Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
- Install OpenShift Container Platform
- Install OpenShift and configure the cluster.
- Explore OpenShift networking concepts
- Describe and explore OpenShift networking concepts.
- Deploy containerized applications on OpenShift
- Deploy single container applications on OpenShift Container Platform.
- Deploy multi-container applications on OpenShift
- Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images on an
- Execute commands
- Execute commands using the command-line interface.
- Control resource access
- Control access to OpenShift resources.
- Allocate persistent storage
- Implement persistent storage.
- Manage application deployments
- Manipulate resources to manage deployed applications.
- Install the metrics subsystem
- Install and configure the metrics gathering system.
- Manage OpenShift Container Platform
- Manage and monitor OpenShift resources and software.
- Is there a discount available for current students?UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training?Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.