The Cybersecurity Fundamentals course provides students with an overview of core information assurance (IA) and cybersecurity concepts. This course is aimed at individuals in key technical IT and Cybersecurity roles. The course consists of lectures and hands-on labs for a multi-faceted learning experience. This course will provide a good initial foundation for participants wanting to work in a corporate or government IT or Security role. This is also a good course for those wanting to later pursue CompTIA Security+ or other DoD 8140 Certifications.
This course is intended for IT Operational Staff, Security Analysts, System/Enterprise Architects, System/Network/Database Administrators, Systems Engineers, and Information Security and Compliance Managers.
Students should have a good understanding of basic computer operating system management and TCP/IP networking concepts.
- Network Protocols and Services
- Access Control Concepts
- Account and Password Management
- Information Assurance Fundamentals
- Network Traffic Monitoring
- Common Vulnerabilities and Attacks
- Social Engineering and Insider Threats
- Incident Response and Mitigation
- Host Hardening Techniques (Windows, Linux, Database, Cloud)
- Network-based IDS/IPS
- Remote Access Technologies
- Wireless Technologies
- Virtual Machines & Security
- Cloud Computing Services & Security
- Network/Security Operations
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Asynchronous courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.