Cyber Fundamentals & Operational Cybersecurity Primer/Review
The Cyber Fundamentals & Operational Cybersecurity Primer/Review course provides a high-level overview of core Cybersecurity and Cyber Operational concepts. The course is primarily aimed at IT and Business professionals who do not have primary responsibility for Information Security, but who work in IT environments where they need to have a good understanding of Cybersecurity concepts, terminology and operational processes.
This course is intended for IT Support / Operations Staff, Systems & Business Analysts, Project and Program Managers, Business/Product Owners, and IT Leaders & Managers.
Students should have a good understanding of basic computer and Internet concepts.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Computer Operating System and Networking Primer/Review
- Information Assurance Fundamentals
- Identity Management Concepts
- Access Control and Authentication Concepts
- Account and Password Management
- Host Security Concepts
- Network Security & Network Defense Concepts
- Wireless Security Concepts
- Data Protection and Encryption (At Rest and In Transit)
- Role of Firewalls and IDS/IPS Systems
- Common Vulnerabilities and Attacks
- End User Cyber Awareness and Social Engineering Risks
- Insider Threats
- Incident Response and Mitigation
- Role of Network/Security Operations Centers
- Brief Overview of Compliance, Risk Management and Privacy Standards
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.