INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional (SEP) Exam Preparation
The International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) Systems Engineering Professional (SEP) certification is a highly sought after for those engineers seeking recognition for their education, experience, and knowledge in the highly competitive field of Systems Engineering. Whether you are going for a Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) or an Associate Systems Engineering Professional (ASEP), you need to pass a two-hour, 120-question, multiple-choice exam based on the latest version of the INCOSE SE Handbook. This course helps prepare potential candidates for this demanding exam by making them familiar with the content of the SE Handbook.
This course will help you contextualized the various Organizational, Project and Technical processes that are necessary to realize a “System-of-Interest.” With the aid of a comprehensive Process Flow diagram (created specially for this course), the instructor will walk the students from the Portfolio Management Process to the Disposal Process in a logical and sequential manner, while covering all 31 processes within the INCOSE SE Handbook.
This course also provides the student with numerous quizzes, as well as a sample exam that are based on the structure of the INCOSE SEP Exam. This provides the student with a familiarity and comfort level they’ll need to pass the Exam. These tests are a valuable resource for the student and can be repeated as many times as the student desires.
By the end of the course, the student will:
- Be well prepared for the INCOSE SEP exam.
- Understand INCOSE CSEP application process.
- Have a good grasp of the fundamentals of Systems Engineering, including the understanding of systems engineering management and systems engineering processes, from the INCOSE perspective.
- Be able to apply the INCOSE SE Handbook to a project.
In order to apply for an INCOSE SEP certification the student must join INCOSE. As an INCOSE member, the student will be able to download a digital copy of the INCOSE System Engineering Handbook, which they’ll need for the reading assignments for the course.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Introduction and Certification Overview
- What is certification and why is it important?
- Who is recognizing and supporting certification?
- What level of certification is right for me?
- How do I apply for certification?
- How do I renew my certification?
- Help and suggestions on filling out the application
- Systems Engineering Handbook Overview
- Handbook Scope
- Systems Engineering Overview
- Generic Life Cycle Stages
- Stakeholder Requirements Definition Process
- Requirements Analysis Process
- Technical Processes
- Architectural Design Process
- Implementation Process
- Integration Process
- Verification Process
- Transition Process
- Validation Process
- Operation Process
- Project Support
- Maintenance Process
- Disposal Process
- Cross-Cutting Technical Methods
- Project Planning Process
- Project Assessment and Control Process
- Decision Management Process
- Risk Management Process
- Configuration Management Process
- Information Management Process
- Measurement Process
- Enabling Process
- Agreement Process
- Acquisition Process
- Supply Process
- Organizational Project-Enabling Processes
- Life Cycle Model Management Process
- Infrastructure Management Process
- Project Portfolio Management Process
- Human Resource Management Process
- Quality Management Process
- Tailoring Process
- Specialty Engineering
- Specialty Engineering Activities
- Design for Acquisition Logistics
- Integrated Logistics Support
- Cost-Effective Analysis
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Analysis
- Environmental Impact Analysis
- Interoperability Analysis
- Life-Cycle Cost Analysis
- Manufacturing and Producibility Analysis
- Mass Properties Engineering Analysis
- Safety and Health Hazard Analysis
- Sustainment Engineering Analysis
- Training Needs Analysis
- Usability Analysis / Human Systems Integration
- Value Engineering
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.