Information Systems Security Management Professional (ISSMP)
The training seminar is ideal for certified CISSPs working in positions such as but not limited to:
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Chief Technology Officer
- Senior Security Executive
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate the role of security, connect the security program with organizational governance, and prioritize security requirements in support of business initiatives to obtain support for the security program.
- Recommend a documented security program that includes security awareness and training and a process for analyzing, managing and enforcing security requirements for contracts and agreements.
- Apply metrics, budgeting, project management and management of security team and cross-functional and stakeholder associations to achieve a security program.
- Understand the management of security into organizational security architecture throughout the system lifecycle.
- Understand the organizational requirements necessary to establish an effective Risk Management Program.
- Understand the general processes employed in the identification of system assets, potential system threats, in-place safeguards, and vulnerabilities in the conduct and analysis of system risk assessments.
- Understand the principles and practices necessary to establish and maintain a successful incident handling and investigation program.
- Understand the processes and collaboration requirements necessary to establish, maintain, and benefit from a successful threat intelligence program.
- Understand the various benefits that the proper conduct of a Business Impact Analysis provides to the organization.
- Understand the thorough development, testing, and training necessary to effectively respond to consequences of disastrous events through effective organizational continuity of operations and system-level contingency planning.
- Recognize the laws, regulations, and supporting policies that must be maintained to ensure the appropriate protective controls and ethics are employed, audited, and validated to safeguard sensitive information and systems.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Domain 1: Leadership and Business Management
- Domain 2: Systems Lifecycle Management
- Domain 3: Risk Management
- Domain 4: Threat Intelligence and Incident Management
- Domain 5: Contingency Management
- Domain 6: Law, Ethics and Security Compliance Management
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.