Intermediate IPv6 Migration
The advanced IPv6 class designed for students that already possess introduction skills and have a good foundation knowledge of IPv6. This course covers all you need to know about IPv6 migration and deployment strategies. You will gain an understanding of how deploy IPv6 using both stateless and stateful auto-configuration techniques. Configure Advanced OSPF, EIGRPv6, IS-IS and MP-BGP routing protocols. Configure a live MPLS 6PE network while tunneling IPv6 over an IPv4 network. Discuss different IPv6 security vulnerabilities and current security issues.
Students attending this course should have:
- A novice to intermediate-level understanding of computer networking and security, to include IPv4 and IPv6
- Fluency in basic computer functions such as web browsing and network configuration
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand DHCPv6 along with hands-on labs demonstrating deployment of DHCPv6 within a company’s intranet.
- Understand interior routing protocol EIGRPv6, OSPFv3 and IS-ISv6 in a real world lab deployment.
- Understand exterior routing protocol BGP4+ and how it integrates with IPv4 along with its IPv6 deployment.
- Understand advanced deployment methods are covered using DS-LITE, NAT64, DNS64 and 6rd (Rapid Deployment).
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
1. Overview and Core Concepts
a. How to Think About IPv6 Migrations
b. IPv4 vs IPv6
c. Strategic Planning
d. Tactical Skills
2. Enterprise Security Models for IPv6
a. End-to-end Transparency and Security
c. New Approaches
d. Impacts of Migration
3. Advanced IPv6 Addressing Review
a. IPv4 vs IPv6
e. Loopback Addresses
f. Subnet Masks
h. IPv6 Tunneling Across Ipv4 Networks
i. IPv6 Support
4. Advanced Addressing
a. Address Privacy
b. Unique Stable Addresses
c. Temporary Transient IP Addresses
d. Unspecified Address
e. Loopback Address
f. IPv6 with Embedded IPv4
g. More Addresses
h. Configuring a Host Address
b. Benefits of DHCPv6
c. Stateless DHCPv6
d. V6 Addressing Considerations
a. OSPRV3 (OSPF for Ipv6)
b. Compared to IPv4
c. OSPFV2 vs OSPFV3
d. Multiple Address Families
g. BGP Support
h. Multicast Routing
i. Group Membership Management
j. Multicast Layer 2
l. IPv6 in MPLS Networks
m. Advanced Reflexive ACLs (RACLs)
7. IPv6 Security Elements
c. ESP and AH
d. Security Considerations
8. Advanced Deployment Concepts and Methods
b. Integration Scenarios
c. Organization-wide Deployment
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.