Introduction to DevOps
This course provides IT professionals with a comprehensive understanding of the principles and practices of DevOps. DevOps is a new approach to software and system development and delivery that strives to:
- accelerate the delivery of new software features
- enhance system quality and scalability
- drastically improve operational efficiency
The DevOps approach grew out of companies like Google, Amazon, and Facebook who were challenged with building and operating systems at enormous scale, while evolving and competing at Internet velocity. DevOps derives many concepts from Agile Software Development, but breaks down the traditional barriers between developers and operations by including both throughout the entire system lifecycle, hence the name “DevOps”.
The DevOps approach is now being embraced by many IT organizations. But implementing DevOps requires organizations to learn many new concepts and tools and to modify established processes, patterns and cultures. This Intro course is the recommended starting point for organizations in their DevOps journey, or for individuals who are new to working in a DevOps organization.
Who Should Take This Course
All IT staff and management involved in the system development lifecycle, including but not limited to developers, analysts, testers, architects, system and network administrators, support staff, and IT managers.
Familiarity with IT systems and software concepts and terminology.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- The Evolution of Cloud Scale Systems
- Why DevOps?
- DevOps Technical Concepts
- DevOps Management and Cultural Concepts
- Designing Systems for the Cloud
- Designing Systems for Operations
- Cloud Service Models and Platforms
- Application Architectures
- Design Patterns for Scaling
- Design Patterns for Resiliency
- Operations at Cloud Scale
- Continuous Software Delivery:
- Overview of Current DevOps Tools & Technologies
- System Support and Incident Response
- Disaster Readiness
- System Monitoring
- Capacity Planning
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI)s
- Achieving Operational Excellence
- The Future of Cloud Computing
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.