Introduction to SQL Databases
This course is aimed at people looking to move into a database professional role or whose job role is expanding to encompass database elements. The course describes fundamental database concepts including database types, database languages, and database designs.
Who Should Take This Course
The primary audience for this course is people who are moving into a database role, or whose role has expanded to include database technologies. This is a foundation level course and therefore only requires general computer literacy.
Why You Should Take This Course
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key database concepts in the context of SQL Server 2016
- Describe database languages used in SQL Server 2016
- Describe data modelling techniques
- Describe normalization and denormalization techniques
- Describe relationship types and effects in database design
- Describe the effects of database design on performance
- Describe commonly used database objects
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Introduction to databases
- Introduction to relational databases
- Other types of database
- Data analysis
- Database languages in SQL Server
- Data modelling
- ANSI/SPARC database model
- Entity relationship modelling
- Fundamentals of Normalization
- Normal form
- Introduction to relationships
- Planning referential integrity
- Query performance
- Stored procedures, triggers and functions
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.