Kubernetes Application Essentials
Whether your focus is on developing containerized applications or managing a container-centric infrastructure, CN120 introduces Kubernetes container orchestration for everyone involved in the software development life cycle. Through a real-world approach for design and deployment considerations, students can expect to learn about the foundational Kubernetes components required for application workloads. Specifically, students will examine Kubernetes architecture, explore how Kubernetes objects work together for running an application, and learn how Kubernetes makes use of compute, networking, and storage resources.
- Motivations: General technical audiences & IT professionals
- Roles: Architect basic applications for Kubernetes
- Familiarity with the Bash shell
- Filesystem navigation and manipulation
- Command line text editors like vim or nano
- Common tooling like curl, wget and ping
- Familiarity with YAML and JSON notation
- CN100 course or equivalent experience / knowledge
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Make effective use of pod architecture
- Deploy workloads as Kubernetes controllers
- Provision configuration at runtime to Kubernetes workloads
- Network pods together across a cluster using native services
- Provision highly available storage to Kubernetes workloads
- Package an application as a Helm chart
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Is there a discount available for current students?UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training?Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.