Linux for Cyber System Administration
In this course, you will build on Linux Fundamentals with more intermediate end-user and administrator command line operations focused on local system administration tasks.
In this course, students will learn to:
- Run an Administrative Environment
- Manage and install system software
- Add and remove local storage, partitions, and filesystems
- Use Logical Volume Management
- Configure networking and hosted services
- Add users and groups
- Examine system information and performance
- Linux Security
- Understand the boot process
- Recover the local root password
- Is there a discount available for current students? UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Asynchronous courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy? Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training? Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.