Linux for Cyber Fundamentals
In this course, you will learn basic to intermediate end-user commands to help you navigate and use the Linux Operating System.Students will be prepared to:
- Log in and out of the system
- Perform tasks using terminal shells
- Navigate through the Linux file system
- Get help using the online manuals and documentation
- Understand Linux Bash shell operations
- Use various file manipulation utilities
- Use Linux file management utilities
- Launch and control jobs
- Understand the Linux process creation
- Use common Linux filters
- Use networking tools including ssh, scp, and sftp
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Is there a discount available for current students? UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy? Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training? Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.