Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
This course provides foundational knowledge on the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model, with a specific focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings. You will begin by learning about cloud fundamentals, including an overview of cloud computing and specifically Microsoft cloud services. You will be introduced to Microsoft Azure, and you will examine the differences between Microsoft 365 and Office 365. You will then perform an in-depth review of Microsoft 365, including a comparison of Microsoft on-premises services versus Microsoft 365 cloud services, a review of enterprise mobility in Microsoft 365, and an analysis of how Microsoft 365 services provide collaboration. The course then analyzes how security, compliance, privacy, and trust are handled in Microsoft 365, and it concludes with a review of Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support.
This course is designed for IT Professionals who deploy and manage cloud services in their organization.
This course helps learners prepare for the Microsoft 365 Certified: Microsoft 365 Fundamentals exam (MS-900).
This course is designed for IT Professionals who aspire to deploy and manage cloud services in their organization. Students should have the following background:
General IT knowledge or any general experience working in an IT environment
General (sales level) experience on corresponding Microsoft on-premises products, such as Exchange Server, SharePoint, Office Professional, AD RMS and others
Experience addressing business/legal/security requirements for IT.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Differentiate between the various cloud service models.
- Identify the key differences between Microsoft 365 and Office 365.
- Plan for migration to Microsoft 365 services.
- Identify key differences between Microsoft on-premises services and Microsoft 365 cloud services.
- Define enterprise mobility in Microsoft 365.
- Identify how Microsoft 365 services support teamwork.
- Describe identities, including cloud, on-premises, and hybrid identity.
- Describe cloud device management and protection, including the use of Intune.
- Describe data protection, including the use of Azure Information Protection.
- Describe compliance in general and the compliance features in Microsoft 365.
- Describe Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Module 1: Cloud Concepts
- Principles of cloud computing
- Microsoft cloud services
- Migrating to cloud services
Lab : Cloud Fundamentals
- Exercise 1: Determine the appropriate cloud model (paper-based lab)
Module 2: Core Microsoft 365 Services
- Microsoft 365 core services
- Microsoft on-premise services and cloud services in Microsoft 365
- Unified endpoint management in Microsoft 365
- Teamwork in Microsoft 365
Lab : Enabling and configuring a Microsoft 365 tenant
- Exercise 1: Activating and configuring a Microsoft 365 tenant
- Exercise 2: Exploring the Microsoft 365 user and admin portal
- Exercise 3: Configuring new user and group accounts
Module 3: Security, Compliance, Privacy and Trust in Microsoft 365
- Organizational Security Fundamentals
- Security features in Microsoft 365
- Identity and Access Management
- Device and data protection in Microsoft 365
- Compliance in Microsoft 365
Lab : Security in Microsoft 365
- Exercise1: Managing users and devices in Azure Active Directory
- Exercise2: Evaluate Identity Protection
- Exercise3: Explore tools for compliance
Module 4: Microsoft 365 pricing and support
- Microsoft 365 Subscriptions, licenses, and billing
- Support in Microsoft 365
Lab : Managing subscriptions, licensing and support in M365
- Exercise 1: Explore interfaces for billing and subscriptions
- Exercise 2: Add trial licenses to the tenant
- Exercise 3: Review support options
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.