Migrating to AWS
This course is for individuals who seek an understanding of how to plan and migrate existing workloads to the AWS Cloud. You will learn about various cloud migration strategies and how to apply each step of the migration process, including portfolio discovery, application migration planning and design, conducting a migration, and post-migration validation and application optimization. Hands-on labs reinforce learning, and each lab is designed to provide you with the understanding and foundation necessary to complete migration tasks in your organization.
This course is intended for:
- Solutions architects
- Software engineers
- IT project managers
- Operation leads
- Other individuals involved in the planning and running of migration projects
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Familiarity with enterprise IT infrastructure (hardware and software)
- Completed the AWS Technical Essentials or Architecting on AWS classroom training
- Achieved their AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification (optional)
This course teaches you how to:
- Recognize the common business and technical drivers for migrating to the cloud
- Summarize the three phases of a migration and associated objectives, tasks, and stakeholders for each
- Describe AWS architecture, tools, and migration best practices
- Distinguish between the various cloud migration strategies and when each is most appropriate
- Determine an organization’s application migration readiness
- Discover a portfolio and gather data necessary for migration
- Plan and design an application migration strategy
- Perform and validate application migration to the cloud
- Optimize applications and operations after migrating to the cloud
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Module 1: What Is a Cloud Migration?
- Module 2: Assessing Migration Readiness
- Module 3: Preparing for a Migration and Understanding Related Workstreams
- Module 4: Discovering Landing Zones and Their Benefits
- Module 5: Building a Landing Zone
- Module 6: Discovering the Portfolio and Understanding Migration Strategies
- Module 7: Understanding and Choosing Portfolio Discovery Tools
- Module 8: Planning and Designing a Migration
- Module 9: Performing the Migration to AWS
- Module 10: Understanding Database and Data Migration Services
- Module 11: Understanding Additional Migration Support Options
- Module 12: Integrating, Validating, and Cutting Over Applications
- Module 13: Modernizing and Optimizing an Application Migration
- Module 14: Understanding Operations Tools, Integration Testing, and Automation
- Module 15: Migration Best Practices
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.