Modern Software and Systems Engineering
This course covers the current concepts of software and systems engineering in the modern enterprise. Students will review major software development methodologies including classic SDLC/Waterfall, Rapid Development, Agile, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and DevSecOps. Best practices in software design and implementation with a view toward recognizing and avoiding weakness and vulnerabilities in software is a key part of this course. Test Driven Development (TDD) and Business Driven Development (BDD) are discussed, along with QA testing, code quality and vulnerability scanning, configuration management, and maintenance are also covered. We will also discuss issues related to outsourcing and working in cloud environments.
This course is intended for: Software Developers, System Architects, Systems & Business Analysts, Security Analysts, Security Managers, Systems Testers, Project / Program Managers, Product Owners, and IT Leaders & Managers.
Understanding of IT System concepts.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- The Software Engineering Process
- SDLC/Waterfall Model
- Project Roles in Software/System Development
- Requirements & Specifications
- Software Design and Implementation
- Source Code Control
- Software Testing, TDD and BDD
- Release & Configuration Management
- System Reliability and Maintenance
- Secure Programming & Information Security Concepts
- Project Management Concepts
- Agile & Scrum
- Business & Product Owner
- Human Centered Design and User Experience (UX) Best Practices
- Modern Cloud Architectures
- DevOps and DevSecOps
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Vulnerability Scanning & Release Processes
- System Audit & Validation
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.