Network Programming In C
This course trains students to write networked software, services, and tools. This course is suitable for students who have some command of the C language, some Python experience, and wish to write networked software.
Students should have some experience programming in both C and Python. Knowledge of data structures and TCP/IP networking is recommended.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain how a TCP connection works
- Write a dual-stack IP client
- Develop a network service
- Write a simple UDP server
- Write a simple TCP server
- Analyze small pieces of network traffic
- Describe what a worker pool is
- Identify common pitfalls in network programming
- Write an extension module for Python in C
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Network Architecture
- Data Transmission
- Uniplex Communications
- Client/Server Architecture
- Producer/Consumer Architecture
- Worker Pools
- Python/C API
- Is there a discount available for current students?UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training?Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.