This course trains students to understand and programmatically utilize the resources of an Operating System to build larger programs. This course is suitable for students who have some knowledge of the C language and wish to become stronger software developers.
Who Should Take This Course
Students should have experience programming in C. Knowledge of algorithms is highly recommended.
Why You Should Take This Course
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Write programs using system calls
- Describe the difference between a file handle and file descriptor
- Employ anonymous pipes in a program
- Identify various IPC methods
- Design a concurrent program
- Write a concurrent program
- Describe the difference between a thread and a process
- Identify deadlocks and resource contention in a program
- Debug a parallel program
- Employ mutexes and semaphores appropriately
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Introduction to Operating Systems, Virtualization, Processes
- Address Spaces, Memory API, and Segmentation
- Paging and Swapping
- Concurrency: Threads and Locks
- Lock Data Structures and Condition Variables
- UNIX IPC
- Persistence: I/O Devices & RAID
- Files and Directories
- Is there a discount available for current students?UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training?Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.