Planning and Designing Databases on AWS
In this course, you will learn about the process of planning and designing both relational and nonrelational databases. You will learn the design considerations for hosting databases on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2). You will learn about our relational database services including Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), Amazon Aurora, and Amazon Redshift. You will also learn about our nonrelational database services including Amazon DocumentDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon Neptune, and Amazon QLDB. By the end of this course, you will be familiar with the planning and design requirements of all 8 of these AWS databases services, their pros and cons, and how to know which AWS databases service is right for your workloads.
Who Should Take This Course
Data platform engineers, Database administrators, Solutions architects, IT professionals
We recommend that attendees of this course have previously completed the following AWS courses:
- AWS Database Offerings digital training
- Data Analytics Fundamentals digital training
- Architecting on AWS classroom training
Why You Should Take This Course
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Apply database concepts, database management, and data modeling techniques
- Evaluate hosting databases on Amazon EC2 instances
- Evaluate relational database services (Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, and Amazon Redshift) and their features
- Evaluate nonrelational database services (Amazon DocumentDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon Neptune, and Amazon QLDB) and their features
- Examine how the design criteria apply to each service
- Apply management principles based on the unique features of each service
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Module 0: Planning and Designing Databases on AWS
- Module 1: Database Concepts and General Guidelines
- Module 2: Database Planning and Design
- Module 3: Databases on Amazon EC2
- Module 4: Purpose-Built Databases
- Module 5: Databases on Amazon RDS
- Module 6: Databases in Amazon Aurora
- Module 6: Databases in Amazon Aurora (continued)
- Module 7: Databases in Amazon DocumentDB (with MongoDB compatibility)
- Module 8: Amazon DynamoDB Tables
- Module 9: Databases in Amazon Neptune
- Module 10: Databases in Amazon Quantum Ledger Database (Amazon QLDB)
- Module 11: Databases in Amazon ElastiCache
- Module 12: Data Warehousing in Amazon Redshift
- Module 13: Course Review
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.