PMI® Project Management Professional (PMP)® Preparation
The Project Management Institute’s (PMI)® Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification is the preeminent professional credential for individuals associated with project management. This course provides students with the training, the materials and the support to prepare for the challenging PMP® exam. Completion of this course qualifies as the formal education requirement to sit for the PMP® examination.
The Learning System for PMP® Exam Preparation program is designed by instructional designers and certified Project Management professionals and instructors to help participants achieve professional development goals and earn the PMP® certification. It provides comprehensive and effective PMP® training program through a blended format of printed reading materials and interactive online study tools. Access to the Web-based software is valid for 12 months.
To be eligible for PMP® certification, you must first meet specific education and experience requirements and agree to adhere to a code of professional conduct. PMI’s® education requirements will be fulfilled by successfully completing the UMBC course, but the experience requirements are extensive, and can be referenced more specifically at www.pmi.org. The final step in becoming a PMP® credential holder is passing a multiple-choice examination designed to objectively assess and measure your project management knowledge.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Initiate a project.
- Plan project work.
- Develop project schedules, cost estimates, and budgets.
- Plan project quality, staffing, and communications.
- Analyze project risks.
- Plan project procurement.
- Execute project work.
- Monitor and control project work.
- Monitor and control project schedule and costs.
- Monitor and control project quality, staffing, and
- Monitor and control project risks and contracts.
- Close the project.
Who Should Take This Course
In order to sit for the PMP® examination, applicants must meet certain experience and education requirements. These include:
- At least a four-year degree (bachelor’s or the global equivalent) and at least three years (or 4,500 hours) of project management experience leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education, or;
- A high school diploma (or global equivalent) with at least five years (or 7,500 hours) of project management experience leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
Why You Should Take This Course
- Learn the entire PMBOK® Guide–Sixth Edition with our experienced and certified PMP® instructors.
- Prepare for the exam with our interactive study program which includes printed study materials, online quizzes, a PMP® exam simulator, and more. You will have access to the PMP® exam simulator for an entire year.
- Discuss topics and network with peers from a variety of industries.
- Stay on track to complete your PMP® studies with our structured learning environment.
- Meet the 35 hour project management education prerequisite.
- Take advantage of your employer’s tuition reimbursement program.
- Earn up to 35 PDUs.
Upon completion of the course, students will be awarded 35 PDUs by the Project Management Institute.
*Includes the CertWise® Learning System for PMP Exam Preparation, Online interactive study tools, and a one-year audit privilege.
Students who purchase the 6/22 session of this course will receive $100 off the 6/26 iteration of PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)®! Discount applied automatically during checkout.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Initiating a Project
- Planning Your Work
- Developing Project Schedules, Cost Estimates, and Budgets
- Planning Project Quality, Staffing, and Communications
- Analyzing Risks and Planning Risk Response
- Planning Project Procurement
- Working the Plan
- Controlling the Project
- Closing the Project
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.