PMI® Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam Preparation
The Project Management Institute’s (PMI)® Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification is the preeminent professional credential for individuals associated with project management. PMP® certification can be a valuable investment in your career as a project manager as it demonstrates your commitment to the profession and can open up new opportunities for advancement.
As an accredited PMI® Authorized Training Partner (ATP), our course offers a comprehensive PMI®-issued curriculum covering all the topics on the PMP® exam. It also provides a practice exam question bank along with other resources to help you prepare for the PMP® exam. Completion of our course also qualifies as the formal education/training requirement needed to to qualify for taking the PMP® exam.
|PMI® ATP status is awarded to only established, high-quality, and financially-sound project management education providers who are aligned to PMI® core values, have mature business practices, and offer courses aligned to the PMI® Talent Triangle®. Training organizations that carry the PMI® ATP Program Logo are a reflection of PMI® and undergo an extensive evaluation of their organizations to be admitted to the Program.
How Our Course Benefits You:
- Learn the PMI®-issued Exam Content Outline (ECO) and materials with our experienced and certified PMP® instructors.
- Prepare for the PMP® certification exam with our interactive course.
- Earn 35 PDUs to meet the project management education/training prerequisite to qualify for taking the PMP® exam.
- Stay on track to complete your PMP® studies within our structured learning environment.
- Discuss topics and network with peers from a variety of industries.
- Take advantage of your employer’s tuition reimbursement program.
Included In Our Course:
- PMI®-Issued Exam Content Outline (ECO) and Materials
- Voucher for PMI® Membership (The Membership Benefits include a free download of the current Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)® Guide and other PMI® Standards, perfect for learning and reference)
- Voucher for PMP® Exam
- Comprehensive PMP® Exam Preparation Question Bank with Detailed Explanations
- 35 Hours of Project Management Education/Training (necessary to qualify for taking the PMP® exam)
- Certificate of Completion
- Continuing Education Units for Relevant Certifications
- Audit Privileges – If students have successfully completed a course/program and have fulfilled all financial obligations, they may audit this same course/program for a period of one year after their original course/program start date. Please contact an Admissions Representative at 443-692-6599 or email@example.com to register to audit a course/program or to get information on possible dates to audit a course/program.
PMP® EXAM QUALIFICATION PREREQUISITES
To qualify to sit for the PMP® exam, applicants must meet certain education, training, and on-the-job experience requirements. These include:
- Four-Year College / University Degree: 36 months of experience leading projects within the past eight years and 35 hours of project management education/training or CAPM® certification.
- — or —
- High School or Secondary School Diploma: 60 months of experience leading projects within the past eight years and 35 hours of project management education/training or CAPM® certification.
COMMON PMP® CERTIFICATION QUESTIONS
It definitely can be! Any certification, especially an advanced certification such as the PMP®, can be difficult if candidates are not properly prepared. Proper preparedness includes understanding and being able to apply the exam material, as well as being comfortable in a testing environment. We design our classes to address both needs so that students have the best chance possible to pass on their first attempt.
In most cases, yes! The PMP® certification is often a requirement for many Project Management positions and it’s known to help applicants secure a higher salary for these jobs as well when compared to their non-certified peers. There’s also an added respect among colleagues that comes with earning your PMP®. No matter your motivation for earning the PMP® certification, there’s a good reason to attain it.
You can’t even qualify for taking the PMP® exam without some experience. Depending on your educational background, you’ll be required to show a certain number of months of experience leading projects within the past eight years; however, this isn’t as hard as it may sound. Have you ever planned a wedding or managed a home improvement project such as building a deck or renovating a kitchen? These are all projects, and if you actively managed them, they count toward your experience requirements.
To be eligible for the PMP® certification, you must first meet specific education/training and on-the-job experience requirements, as well as agree to adhere to a code of professional conduct. The education/training requirements will be fulfilled by successfully completing our course, but the experience requirements are extensive and can be referenced more specifically on the PMI® website (How to Apply for the PMP®). The final step in becoming a PMP® credential holder is passing a multiple-choice exam designed to objectively assess and measure your project management knowledge.
Both presenters did an amazing job at presenting the information in an entertaining, yet very informative and interactive way. Very happy with the course…Highly recommend to others.PMP Student, March 2020
Loved covering the questions with people who understood the exam.PMP Student, March 2020
This was an excellent class with very experienced instructors who provided valuable instruction for my needs. Thank you [to the UMBC team] for getting us 1 step closer to the PMP!!PMP Student, March 2020
The prep session was very eye opening for me as I was unaware of the large volume of content and complexity of the PMP exam. In addition, [the instructor] was very helpful in providing supportive links to PMI application and PMP exam content.PMP Student, May 2022
General Items and Best Practices
- Application Completion Tips
- Exam Content Outline
- Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Ethical Decision-Making Framework
Domain 1: People
- Manage conflict
- Lead a team
- Support team performance
- Empower team members and stakeholders
- Ensure team members/stakeholders are adequately trained
- Build a team
- Address and remove impediments, obstacles, and blockers for the team
- Negotiate project agreements
- Collaborate with stakeholders
- Build shared understanding
- Engage and support virtual teams
- Define team ground rules
- Mentor relevant stakeholders
- Promote team performance through the application of emotional intelligence
Domain 2: Process
- Execute project with the urgency required to deliver business value
- Manage communications
- Assess and manage risks
- Engage stakeholders
- Plan and manage budget and resources
- Plan and manage schedule
- Plan and manage quality of products/deliverables
- Plan and manage scope
- Integrate project planning activities
- Manage project changes
- Plan and manage procurement
- Manage project artifacts
- Determine appropriate project methodology/methods and practices
- Establish project governance structure
- Manage project issues
- Ensure knowledge transfer for project continuity
- Plan and manage project/phase closure or transitions
Domain 3: Business Environment
- Plan and manage project compliance
- Evaluate and deliver project benefits and value
- Evaluate and address external business environment changes for impact on
- Support organizational change
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Asynchronous courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
Want to discuss PMP training with our team?
Request a meeting using the form below: