Python Programming Course
UMBC Training Centers Python Programming course introduces the Python language to students that have prior experience in programming but want to gain a specific expertise in Python. This course will cover the critical language components such as Python types, control flow, looping constructs, working with Python collections, functions, and modules. After learning the language fundamentals, it will also introduce students to processing data in various formats including plain text, JSON, CSV. This also includes comprehensive introduction to the Pandas library with a focus on working with Data Frames and plotting portions of the data with matplotlib.
How Our Python Programming Training Benefits You
This course prepares students to:
- Create and execute Python programs from a Linux command-line shell
- Use correct Python syntax in Python programs
- Gain a working knowledge of fundamental Python programming constructs such as variables, conditional logic, control flow, loops, functions, and built-in data types such as Python lists and dictionaries
- Write a user-defined Python function
- Use the io module in Python to read and write disk files
- Use Python list comprehensions and Python generators
- Work with popular, common data formats: JSON, CSV
- Apply Python strings, lists, dictionaries and other constructs to solve problems using Python programming
- Use pip to install Python modules
- Gain working knowledge of various Python modules including csv, json, requests, pandas.
Included In UMBC Training Centers’ Python Programming Training Course:
- Python Programming Course Materials Designed Exclusively By Industry Practitioners For UMBC Training Centers
- Instructor-led Training By An Expert Python Programmer
- Hands-on Lab Exercises
- Free Course Retake (Space available basis for a period of 1 year)
Python Programming Training Prerequisites
Who Should Enroll In UMBC Training Centers’ Python Programming Course:
- Python Developers
- Data Scientists
- Data Engineers
Speak To A Training Advisor About Our Upcoming Python Programming Classes!
Complete the form below to schedule a time to speak with an Admissions Advisor about our Python Programming Course.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Introduction to Python
- A brief history of Python
- Executing Python at the Command Line
- Running the Interactive Shell
- Identifying Python Keywords and naming conventions
- Declaring and initializing variables using built-in data types
- Utilizing the print function
- Working with the Python string methods
- Formatting string objects
- Indexing and slicing string objects
- Commenting code
- Python Types
- Python Operators
- Control Flow
- Looping Constructs
- Lists, Tuples
- Dictionaries, Sets
- Sorting collections
- List and Set Type Comprehensions
- Comprehensions as Generator Expressions
Working with Functions and Lambdas
- Getting user input
- Utilizing additional Python built-in functions
- Defining custom functions
- Working with function parameters
- Identifying variable scope
- Creating anonymous in-line functions
- Using functions as objects
- Utilizing the built-in __main__ property
- Importing and selectively importing from modules
- Grouping functions into modules
- Working with standard library modules
I/O: Working with Files
- Writing to and reading from text streams
Working with JSON and CSV Data
- Understanding JSON
- Mapping JSON data types to Python data types
- Reading and writing JSON data
- Understanding http requests
- Requesting JSON data from an API
- Understanding CSV
- Reading and writing CSV data
Working withPandas DataFrames
- Why Pandas?
- Populating DataFrames
- Importing CSV, ExcelData
- DataFrame Columns and Cells
- Merging and Concatenating DataFrames
- Data Cleaning
- Aggregate Functions
Data Visualization with matplotlib
- Plotting with matplotlib
- Using matplotlib charts
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.