Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RH318)
Students acquire the skills and knowledge to effectively create, deploy, manage, and migrate Linux virtual machines hosted on either dedicated Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor nodes or Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager. With hands-on labs and a deep dive into the technology, this training course is the perfect first step for enterprise planning or executing a virtualization deployment strategy. This course also helps candidates prepare for the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Administrator exam (EX318), which, if passed, earns them the Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) certification.
Who Should Take This Course
This course is for experienced Linux system administrators responsible for managing enterprise servers who are interested in learning how to manage large numbers of servers or virtual machines using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization. It is also for IT professionals interested in earning a Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) certification.
This course is for IT professionals who have earned an Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or maintain the equivalent experience with Linux.
Why You Should Take This Course
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Deploy Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization platform
- Configure Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment (datacenters, clusters, and storage domains)
- Install, manage, and troubleshoot virtual machines (servers and desktops)
- Create virtual machine snapshots and explore high-availability options
- Use templates for rapid virtual machine deployment
- Secure Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment with multilevel administrative roles
- Monitor and create custom reports
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization overview
- Understand general virtualization, KVM concepts, and Red Hat® Enterprise Virtualization platform.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager
- Install, test, remove, and troubleshoot Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor
- Install, configure, upgrade, and troubleshoot Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment configuration
- Create and configure datacenters, clusters, storage domains, and logical networks.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Servers
- Install, perform basic management of, and troubleshoot virtual servers and images.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Desktops
- Install virtual desktops and configure paravirtualized drivers.
Virtual machine templates
- Create Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual machines with template images.
Pools and users
- Use pools and deploy the user portal with multilevel administrative roles.
Monitoring and reports
- Monitor Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and create custom reports.
Advanced Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Back up and restore Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization; CLI and API interfaces.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux hosts
- Manage virtual machines with Red Hat Network.
Migration and high availability
- Migrate a virtual machine and explore high availability.
- Apply the performance objectives learned throughout the course.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.