Red Hat Openstack Administration (CL110)
Through hands-on labs, students will explore manually installing each service of Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack® Platform, and will also look at the future plans of the OpenStack development community. This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX210). Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110) is designed for system administrators who are intending to implement a cloud computing environment using Red Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform (RHEL-OSP). Students will learn how to install a proof-of-concept, configure, use, and maintain RHEL-OSP. This course covers the core services: identity (Keystone), block storage (Cinder), image (Glance), networking (Neutron), compute and controller (Nova), and dashboard (Horizon).
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Launch and customize instances in a private OpenStack cloud.
- Manage core OpenStack services for compute, network, and storage using the Horizon web interface.
- Install a proof-of-concept OpenStack deployment.
- Manage key OpenStack services using the command-line interface.
Who Should Take This Course
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is for Linux system administrators and cloud administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining a private cloud.
Students should have RHCSA certification or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Course Introduction
- Chapter 1: Launching an Instance
- Chapter 2: Managing Projects and Users
- Chapter 3: Managing Project Quotas
- Chapter 4: Managing Flavors
- Chapter 5: Managing Images
- Chapter 6: Managing Networks
- Chapter 7: Managing Floating IP Addresses
- Chapter 8: Managing Block Storage
- Chapter 9: Managing Security and Access
- Chapter 10: Managing Instances with Horizon
- Chapter 11: Installing OpenStack
- Chapter 12: Managing the Keystone Identity Service
- Chapter 13: Preparing to Launch Instances with the Command-line Interface
- Chapter 14: Managing Instances with the Command-line Interface
- Chapter 15: Managing Block Storage with the Command-line Interface
- Chapter 16: Comprehensive Review of Red Hat OpenStack Administration I
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.