Red Hat Openstack Administration III (CL310)
The Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310) course provides extensive hands-on training for experienced system administrators in how to use the distributed storage features of Red Hat® Ceph Storage and the networking capabilities of OpenStack® Neutron. Students will set up a Ceph environment and its configuration as a back end for OpenStack, and configure and use the advanced features of OpenStack Neutron.
This class is for experienced Linux® system administrators responsible for managing OpenStack environments who want to learn to configure scalable and distributed storage as a storage back end for OpenStack and learn the advanced features offered by OpenStack Neutron.
Students should have the following:
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or equivalent experience.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack certification or equivalent experience.
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration (CL210).
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Deploy, manage, and configure storage and OpenStack
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Introduction to Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Introduce Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture, components, and attributes.
Describe Red Hat Ceph Storage components and features
- Describe the components and features of Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Deploy and access Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Create snapshots and clones for Red Hat Ceph Storage.
Create snapshots and clones
- Manage snapshots and clones of a Ceph Block Device (RBD).
Ceph with the Glance Image service
- Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Glance Image service to store OpenStack images in Ceph.
Ceph with the Cinder Block Storage service
- Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Cinder Block Storage service to provide OpenStack volumes in Ceph.
Ceph with the Nova compute service
- Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Nova compute service to store instance data in Ceph.
Introduce networking fundamentals
- Review networking concepts and deploy OpenStack with a separate Neutron networking node.
- Manage network interfaces manually (using the ip command) and persistently.
- Install and manage virtual network bridges.
Virtual network devices
- Create and deploy virtual network devices.
- Manage and implement networks inside a network namespace.
- Verify and manage the Neutron services.
Provisioning tenant networks
- Provision tenant networks using VXLAN tunnels, GRE tunnels, and VLANs.
Implementing load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS)
- Implement LbaaS.
Neutron networking services
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with the Neutron networking service.
- Review tasks from the Red Hat OpenStack III course.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.