Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403)
Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) is a lab-based course that explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale management of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® systems. Course participants will learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with software packages.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and Red Hat Satellite 6.
Students will use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration, and learn how to provision hosts integrated with software and Puppet configuration management upon deployment.
HOW CAN I TAKE THIS COURSE?
Experience Red Hat courses in person at our Columbia, MD facility.
Live Online Virtual Training (VT)
Red Hat’s live online virtual training is real-time training conducted remotely featuring Red Hat instructors. Learn more about Virtual Training (VT) here.
Self-Paced ROLE (R)?
Red Hat Online Learning features the same high-quality course content found in their interactive classroom environments and is supplemented with 90-days of unlimited access to course content, 80 hours of cloud-based labs, and webinars from Red Hat experts – all of which is optimized for self-study, giving you the practical and applied knowledge you need to advance your skills, prepare for hands-on certification exams, and to further your career. Learn more about Red Hat Online Learning (R) here. Course must be completed within 90 days after purchase.
Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers.
Recommend having a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or equivalent experience. Have Red Hat Satellite 5 experience.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6.
- Red Hat Network organizations, locations, users and roles.
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views.
- Create custom RPM packages.
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Puppet.
- Provision hosts with integrated software and configuration management.
- Implement Metal-as-a-Service (MaaS) with Satellite discovery and provisioning of unprovisioned hosts.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Red Hat Satellite 6 installation
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content.
- Manage users and hosts across organizations and locations
- Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration.
- Red Hat Satellite client registration
- Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
- Manage software deployment through the software development life cycle
- Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts and evaluate host deviations from corporate standards.
- Build RPM packages
- Create RPM packages for deployment of programs and files on client systems.
- Deploy custom software using Red Hat Satellite
- Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework.
- Manage system configurations with Puppet
- Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework.
- Standardize system configurations with Red Hat Satellite 6
- Configure hosts using Puppet.
- Deploy hosts with Satellite server
- Deploy and provision hosts using PXE.
- Configuration of Satellite server for enterprise system deployment
- Configure host provisioning for integration with software and configuration management and discover unprovisioned host and provision-discovered hosts.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.