SAFe® for Teams
Build the skills needed to become a high-performing team member of an Agile Release Train (ART)—and learn how to collaborate effectively with other teams—by becoming a SAFe® 5 Practitioner.
During this two-day course, gain an in-depth understanding of the ART, how it delivers value, and what you can do to effectively perform your role using Scrum, Kanban, and XP. Learn how to write stories and break down features, plan and execute iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, learn about the continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate with other teams in the program, and what it takes to continuously improve the train.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and XP
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
Learners taking this course are:
- Program or Project Manager
- Scrum Master
- Team Lead
- Release Train Engineer
- Business Analyst
- Agile Coach
- Product Owner
- Change Agent
To perform the role of a SAFe® Practitioner, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in their enterprise
- Know their team and its role on the Agile Release Train
- Know all other teams on the train, their roles, and the dependencies between the teams
- Plan iterations
- Execute iterations and demonstrate value
- Plan Program Increments
- Integrate and work with other teams on the train
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Building an Agile Team
- Planning the Iteration
- Executing the Iteration
- Executing the Program Increment
What Attendees Get
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Practitioner (SP) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion. Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
*Attendees must attend each day of the course to be eligible for the exam.
Completion of this course gives you access to the exam and all related study materials as part of your Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform. For more information about the exam and benefits of becoming a Certified SAFe professional, click HERE.
|Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)|
|Activity Number||44462IKCGE||Duration||2 Days|
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.