Security Engineering on AWS
This course demonstrates how to efficiently use AWS security services to stay secure in the AWS Cloud. The course focuses on the security practices that AWS recommends for enhancing the security of your data and systems in the cloud. The course highlights the security features of AWS key services including compute, storage, networking, and database services. You will also learn how to leverage AWS services and tools for automation, continuous monitoring and logging, and responding to security incidents.
Who Should Take This Course
This course is for Security engineers, Security architects, Security operations, and Information security positions.
Students should have the following: prerequisites:
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials
- AWS Security Fundamentals
- Architecting on AWS
- Working knowledge of IT security practices and infrastructure concepts
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
Why You Should Take This Course
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Assimilate and leverage the AWS shared security responsibility model
- Architect and build AWS application infrastructures that are protected against the most common security threats
- Protect data at rest and in transit with encryption
- Apply security checks and analyses in an automated and reproducible manner
- Configure authentication for resources and applications in the AWS Cloud
- Gain insight into events by capturing, monitoring, processing, and analyzing logs
- Identify and mitigate incoming threats against applications and data
- Perform security assessments to ensure that common vulnerabilities are patched and security best practices are applied
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Identifying Entry Points on AWS
- Security Considerations: Web Application Environments
- Application Security
- Securing Networking Communications – Part 1
- Data Security
- Security Considerations: Hybrid Environments
- Monitoring and Collecting Logs on AWS
- Processing Logs on AWS
- Securing Networking Communications – Part 2
- Out-Of-Region Protection
- Account Management on AWS
- Security Considerations: Serverless Environments
- Secrets Management on AWS
- Automating Security on AWS
- Threat Detection and Sensitive Data Monitoring
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.