Software Engineering and Quality Assurance
This course is an introduction to the concepts of software engineering including the software development lifecycle (SDLC). Students will explore all phases of the software development lifecycle and get exposed to software development methodologies including classic Waterfall and Agile methods.
This will also give students the practical skills and the techniques and tools to build the “zero defect” concept into their methods of building and maintaining systems. The primary emphasis of a zero-defect QA process is to avoid software defects rather than do the costly re-work to correct them.
Upon completion of the course, students will:
- Understand all phases of a comprehensive software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Understand how Agile methods and Secure Programming factor into modern software development processes
- Incorporate the Zero Defect concept into methods of building and maintaining systems
- Verify & validate the quality of the system during each phase of a system’s life cycle
- Understand various systems tests: functional, stress, volume, regression, etc.
- Create test objectives and acceptance criteria
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- The Business Case for Systems
- SDLC (Waterfall)
- System Requirements & Specifications
- Data & Process Modeling
- System Design & Architecture
- Agile & Scrum
- Secure Programming Techniques
- Software Versioning and Configuration Management
- System Monitoring & Maintenance
- System Testing, QA & Verification/Validation
- Costs of Defects over the Lifecycle
- Types of Tests
- Test-Case Design
- Testing Strategies
- Creating the Test Plan
- Test Results and Defect Cause Identification
- Fixing Errors
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.