System Architecture & Design
This course covers the development of a system architecture and hardware/software system design within the overall systems engineering (SE) process. Major topics include development of an operational concept, functional decomposition, requirements allocation and partitioning, interface definition, inclusion of integrity, reliability, and maintainability within the design concept, validation and verification, technical performance budgeting, complexity management, and data architecture. A key focus will be placed on design for scalability, availability, and maintainability of mission critical systems.
Upon completion of the course, students will:
- Understand the key considerations of designing and architecting complex systems
- Understand the differences between functional, operational, technical and performance requirements
- Understand the design considerations for system availability and scalability
- Understand how to validate and test system architecture and components
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Overview of Systems Engineering Design Process
- Characteristics of Successful Systems & Systems Architects
- Architecture vs. Design
- Requirements: The System Architects Role and Perspective
- Functional Analysis
- Functional Architecture
- Partitioning and Replicability
- System Architecture Partitioning
- Process Control Methods
- Scalable Architecture
- High Availability Architecture
- Architecture Validation and Testing
- Architecture Design for Testing and Testability
- Case Study
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.