This course prepares the student to properly identify, define and confirm the system’s true requirements – prior to the design and development of the system. Even where system requirements have been defined prior to or external to an implementation, accurately captured, understood and rationalized requirements are essential for meeting stakeholders’ expectations, as well as avoiding costly delays cost overruns. The course will also explore Agile Requirements and Management methods.
Upon completion of the course, students will:
- Define solutions that meet stakeholder needs
- Use modeling techniques to document and confirm functional requirements
- Create an effective change management process
- Develop and use a framework for the requirements development process
- Employ validation and verification methods to ensure correctness
- Write clear and concise requirements
- Develop a requirements traceability matrix and a requirements specification document
- Ensure the testability of system requirements
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Classes of Requirements
- Requirements Traceability
- Requirements Elicitation
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Methods of Gathering Requirements
- Requirements Documentation
- Capturing Data Requirements
- Relational Data Concepts
- Determining Business Rules
- Process Modeling
- Capturing and Refining Use Cases
- Validating Requirements
- Reviewing Requirements with Walkthroughs
- Verifying Requirements with Inspections
- Writing Test Cases
- Agile Methods for Requirements
- Project Management
- Change Management
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.