Understanding Cisco Wireless Foundations (WLFNDU)
The Understanding Cisco Wireless Foundations (WLFNDU) v1.0 course gives you the knowledge and skills you need to position, plan, implement, operate, and manage a Cisco® wireless LAN (WLAN) network. This course teaches you how to design, install, configure, monitor, and conduct basic troubleshooting tasks on a Cisco WLAN network of any size.
This course does not lead directly to a certification exam, but it does cover foundational knowledge that can help you prepare for professional-level enterprise wireless courses and exams.
- Network engineer
- Systems engineer
- Wireless engineer
- Technical solutions architect
- Network administrator
- Wireless design engineer
- Network manager
Before taking this course, you should have:
- General knowledge of networks
- General knowledge of wireless networks
- Routing and switching knowledge
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe and implement foundational wireless theory
- Describe and implement basic wireless security and client access
- Describe and implement a Cisco wireless network architecture
- Configure Cisco centralized wireless networks
- Describe and implement WLAN maintenance and troubleshooting
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
• Describing and Implementing Foundational Wireless Theory
• Describing and Implementing Foundational Wireless Math and Antennas
• Describing and Implementing Foundational Wireless Operation
• Describing and Implementing Basic Wireless Security
• Describing and Implementing 802.1X and Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
• Implementing Wireless Guest Access and Configuring Wireless Security
• Describing and Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Architecture
• Describing and Implementing Cisco Wireless Network
• Describing and Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Wired Support
• Configuring Cisco Centralized Wireless Networks
• Describing and Implementing WLAN Maintenance and Troubleshooting
• Explore the Physics of Wi-Fi
• Explore the Wi-Fi Environment
• Analyze Wireless Frames
• Configure Client Access
• Configure the Wired Infrastructure
• Configure a Centralized Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) Deployment
• Configure a Centralized WLAN Deployment
• Configure an IPv6 Operation in a Centralized WLAN Deployment
• Optimize RF Conditions and Performance for Clients
• Perform Centralized Controller Maintenance
• Use Troubleshooting Tools
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.