WINDOWS 10 TRACK (MD-100)
You will learn how to support the installation tasks associated with Windows 10. Students will develop skills that include learning how to install and customize Windows 10 operating systems and new Windows servicing model and methods for keeping Windows up to date. Discover how to support the configuration tasks associated with Windows 10.
You’ll also develop skills that include managing storage, files, drivers, and printers as well as how to configure network connectivity for Windows 10. This course will also cover managing and deploying applications. Learn to secure the Windows 10 OS and protect the data on the device. Students will be introduced to common methods used for authentication and access control.
This course will teach how to configure file and folder permissions and creating security policies. Students will also be introduced to the different types of external threats and how to leverage features like encryption and firewalls, as well as tools like Windows Defender. You’ll also learn how to manage and troubleshoot Windows 10. This course will deep-dive into the architecture and tools used for managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting the OS, Apps, and hardware. Students will learn about proactive and troubleshooting methodology, and how to identify and mitigate common issues.
Candidates for this exam are IT professionals who perform installation, configuration, general local management and maintenance of Windows 10 core services. Candidates may also be familiar with enterprise scenarios and cloud-integrated services.
- Basic understanding of computer networks and hardware concepts.
- Basic understanding of OS and Application concepts.
- Experience with using the Windows OS.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare to install Windows 10.
- Install Windows 10.
- Configure Updates for Windows.
- Perform post-installation configuration tasks.
- Configure devices and drivers for Windows.
- Configure storage for Windows.
- Configure network settings in Windows.
- Configure remote management of Windows.
- Configure and manage applications in Windows.
- Configure Internet Explorer.
- Describe the methods for securing Windows 10.
- Configure account access and authentication.
- Configure file and folder permissions.
- Create security policies.
- Describe common threats and methods for mitigating against them.
- Use Windows troubleshooting and monitoring tools.
- Troubleshoot Windows installations.
- Troubleshoot application installation issues.
- Troubleshoot web browser settings.
- Troubleshoot Windows authentication.
- Troubleshoot hardware issues related to Windows machines.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- MD-100T01: Installing Windows 10
- MD-100T02: Configuring Windows 10
- MD-100T03: Protecting Windows 10
- MD-100T04: Maintaining Windows 10
- Is there a discount available for current students?UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training?Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.