COMPUTER SCIENCE INSTRUCTOR – AUGUSTA, GA
UMBC Training Centers, a leading provider of scientific, technical and professional training, is seeking Computer Science Instructors who have both instructional and work experience in Computer Science and Software Engineering, preferably in the realm of Cybersecurity and System-level applications, in the following areas:
- Discrete Mathematics
- C Programming
- C++ Programming
- Python Programming
- Data Structures
- Object Oriented Programming
- Design Patterns
- Network Programming
- Database Programming
- Secure Programming
- Computer Architecture
Most of our Computer Science and Software Development courses require Monday through Friday, full business day, classroom instruction. Our students range from novices to experienced Cybersecurity and IT personnel. Our courses emphasize complete understanding of the listed baseline technologies, extensive hands-on exercises for reinforcement of concepts, software and coding best practices, natural progression of comprehensive skills and practical applications of the technologies in real-world situations. Our Computer Science and Software Developer instructors are also expected to update and tailor course curricula to meet the needs of students and clients, to keep courses and skills up to date with current standards, versions of courses (materials and certification exams) and technologies (current and emerging).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline required
- Five years professional software development experience
- Three years instructional experience
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to convey Computer Science programming techniques and concepts
- Passion for teaching Computer Science and Software Development
- Engaging classroom presence and ability to engage students in the classroom through discussions and hands on experience.
- Ability to motivate and support students ranging from novices to advanced practitioners
- Skill in developing and refining course content and materials
- US Citizenship required
- Ability and willingness to travel outside the Augusta area is necessary on occasion.
Compensation commensurate with skills and experience. Comprehensive benefits plan available to qualified full time employees.
|Location:||UMBC Training Centers
2500 Trade Center Drive
Evans, GA 30809
|Contact:||If you are interested in joining the Cybersecurity and IT instructional team at UMBC Training Centers, please send your qualifications, instructional experience, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Permanent and Contractor positions are available.|