CYBERSECURITY / INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTOR
UMBC Training Centers, a leading provider of scientific, technical and professional training, is seeking Cybersecurity and Information Technology instructors who have both instructional and work experience in one or more of the following technologies and who preferably hold the mentioned industry certifications and instructor certifications:
- Linux Fundamentals and Command Line Interface
- Linux System Administration (RHCSA or LPIC1/2)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) (Network Administration)
- Network/Packet Analysis (Intrusion Detection/Analysis)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Penetration Testing Methodologies and Tools
- Malware Analysis
- Digital Forensics
- Python Programming
- Logical Reasoning and Critical Thinking
- Windows Internals and Command Line Interface
Most of our cybersecurity and IT courses require Monday through Friday, full business day, classroom instruction. Our students range from novices to experienced Cybersecurity and IT personnel. Our courses emphasize complete understanding of the listed baseline technologies, extensive hands-on exercises for reinforcement of concepts, software and coding best practices, natural progression of comprehensive skills and practical applications of the technologies in real-world situations. Our Cybersecurity and IT instructors are also expected to update and tailor course curricula to meet the needs of students and clients, to keep courses and skills up to date with current standards, versions of courses (materials and certification exams) and technologies (current and emerging).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Assurance or related discipline required.
- Five years combined Cybersecurity and IT experience
- Three years instructional experience
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to convey Cybersecurity, IT and programming techniques and concepts
- Passion for teaching Cybersecurity, IT and programming concepts
- Engaging classroom presence and ability to engage students in the classroom through discussions and hands on experience.
- Ability to motivate and support students ranging from novices to advanced practitioners
- Skill in developing and refining course content and materials
- US Citizenship required
- Ability and willingness to travel outside the Baltimore – D.C. Metro area is necessary on occasion.
Compensation commensurate with skills and experience. Comprehensive benefits plan available to qualified full time employees.
|Location:||UMBC Training Centers
6996 Columbia Gateway Drive, Suite 100
Columbia, MD 21046
|Contact:||If you are interested in joining the Cybersecurity and IT instructional team at UMBC Training Centers, please send your qualifications, instructional experience, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.|