Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Controller
UMBC Training Centers is the premier provider of technical, engineering and professional skills training in the Mid-Atlantic region for individuals, businesses, non-profit organizations and government agencies. The Program Coordinator will manage the delivery of non-credit training programs for individual student and corporate customers.
The Staff Accountant is an integral part and support function in the accounting department of the organization. This position will be primarily responsible for supporting day to day accounting operations. Scope of work includes responsibility for the expense/revenue, A/P and A/R cycles. Additionally, the role will support the month-end close process, preparing journal entries and account reconciliations, as well as and working with students.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Support the Controller and Senior Accountant of UMBC Training Centers.
- Assist with invoicing and accounts receivable activities.
- Assist with accounts payable accounting including purchase order generation, vendor bill submission, and vendor inquiries.
- Preparation of journal entries to support month-end close.
- Preparation of account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Aid with special projects on an as needed basis.
- Resolve the needs or questions of students in person, through phone communication, and email.
- Support other departments on an as needed basis.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Experience working with ERP accounting packages (Peachtree/Sage preferred).
- Experience working with expense tracking (Concur preferred).
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Practical basic knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and general math skills.
- MS Excel and Word proficiency.
- Strong attention to detail, self-review to yield a low error-rate, and organizational skills are a must.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, manage timelines, and deliver upon deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students and demonstrate diplomacy and problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive working relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Open to learning our business operations, what we do and how we do it.
- Minimum of four (4) years of accounting experience with emphasis on the required skills and abilities as described above.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is preferred but not required.
- CPA or CPA candidate not required.
|Location:||UMBC Training Centers
6996 Columbia Gateway Drive, Suite 100
Columbia, MD 21046
|Contact:||If you are interested, please send your qualifications, experience, and availability to email@example.com.|