LIVE ONLINE TRAINING
UMBC Training Centers’ Online Instructor-Led classes deliver a classroom experience to the home or workplace, eliminating the time and expense of travel. Utilizing the Internet and our state-of-the-art platform, class participants benefit from an active learning environment complete with interaction with expert instructors and other participants.
Online Instructor-Led classes are also an effective option for training groups of employees across multiple locations.
Benefits of Online Instructor-Led Training
- Same content and expert instructors as our classroom training.
- Eliminate travel time and costs.
- Convenient scheduling – days, nights and weekends.
Our virtual classroom environment is comprised of three components:
- Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS) – serves as the central repository for all course materials, assignments, assessments and discussion threads. All live lectures are recorded and stored in the LMS for future viewing.
- Adobe Connect – provides interactive live lecture capabilities.
- Virtual Hands on Labs – for courses that include hands on exercises, virtual machines will be setup for each student, providing them with a way to reinforce their learning through practical application in class as well as after hours. Virtual labs are available to students to practice 24/7.
Desktop or laptop computer
High Speed Internet Connection (5 Mbps both directions minimum)
Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux Operating System
2 GB RAM minimum, 4GB RAM recommended
2 GHz dual core CPU minimum
20 GB free disk space minimum
Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome; latest version (Google Chrome recommended)
Adobe Flash Player; latest version
Remote Desktop client software (standard on Windows; available on OS X and Linux)
Administrator Rights to install software
(Student is responsible for any support for these requirements)