Virtual Training (Red Hat)
What is Virtual Training?
Virtual training is real-time training conducted remotely featuring Red Hat instructors.
Supported operating systems:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6 (i386)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6 (x86_64) (64-bit systems) if i386-compatible libraries are installed
- Fedora 16 and 17 (i386)
- Fedora 16 and 17 (x86_64) (64-bit systems) if i386 compatible libraries are installed
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 2008
- Macintosh systems are not currently supported.
- Firefox 3.0+ (download Firefox)
- Internet Explorer 7.0+ (download Internet Explorer); IE security setting must be set at medium or lower, and pop-up windows must be enabled; your web browser must be Java-enabled
- Java version 1.6 (a.k.a. “Version 6”); you can confirm your Java version here.
- Direct outbound access on tcp port 443 with no proxy server
Do I need a head set?
No, audio is delivered through a 1-800 call in number over your phone.
Do I receive a course book? If so, when should I expect it?
Absolutely. You should expect it Wednesday or Thursday the week before class starts.
What are the system requirements for completing lessons and labs?
The lessons are streamed, which means clients will need a sustainable bandwidth of 100 Kb/s, burstable up to 300Kb/s. High latency connections, such as satellite, are not supported. Both the class streamed content and lab access can be completed using web-based java applets, so having a browser capable of using java applets is required.
Video Classroom (Red Hat)
Video Classroom, a key feature of Red Hat Learning Subscription, presents a dynamic, self-paced video training of our most experienced Red Hat certified instructors, recorded in high definition (HD) video, that gives you that “in-classroom” setting without incurring travel costs and risking time away from the office. You get 90 days of unlimited access to course videos, 80 hours of cloud-lab access, full and searchable transcripts, high-quality, hands-on lab environments, email support, video functionality, and eBooks with your course content.
- Available for our most popular Red Hat courses
- Presented by our top instructors
- Delivered in high-definition video
- 90-days of unlimited access
- 80 hours of cloud-based labs
Red hat online learning (ROLE)
Red Hat Online Learning features the same high-quality course content found in our interactive classroom environments and is supplemented with 90-days of unlimited access to course content, 80 hours of cloud-based labs, and webinars from Red Hat experts – all of which is optimized for self-study, giving you the practical and applied knowledge you need to advance your skills, prepare for hands-on certification exams, and to further your career.
- Available for the complete Red Hat portfolio
- Same high-quality content use in our classrooms
- 90-days of unlimited access to course content
- 80 hours of cloud-based labs
- Pre-recorded webinars included in most courses
- Available in up to 10 languages
- Knowledge checks after every unit, validating your comprehension