Being a Highly Effective Leader
Successful leaders adopt their strategies habitually, living each day according to their principles both personally and professionally. Stephen Covey’s Seven Habits of Highly Effective People is a #1 National Bestseller offering readers a holistic, integrated, and principle-centered approach for solving personal and professional problems. In his book, Covey lays out a systematic process for living with principles that provide the security necessary for adapting to change and benefiting from the opportunities that it can offer. The course focuses on empowering people through this process to attain and sustain positive results both personally and professionally, supporting the basic habits of highly effective people, and encouraging self-development around personal and interpersonal effectiveness. This course provides participants with the tools presented by Covey along with fundamentals of effective leadership necessary for applying them.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the seven habits Covey outlines
- Align their decisions with their own life principles while taking responsibility for their choices and the resulting consequences
- Develop a principle-centered mission statement
- Clarify their most critical character values and goals in life
- Balance their personal and professional key roles and manage their effectiveness across all roles
- Search for long-term resolution to problems by looking for mutually beneficial solutions or agreements
- Build stronger relationships through listening empathically for feeling and meaning
- Leverage individual differences for creating synergy through mutual trust and communication
- Renew and balance their life’s physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual dimensions
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Asynchronous courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.