Being an Effective Team Member
Effective teams require more than just technical competence; they require strong team members who truly perform well. Individuals who are team-oriented, reliable, communicate well, and show respect to one another are valuable members of teams seeking success. Individuals become effective team members by showing commitment to both teammate and team goals and by jointly solving problems. Individuals who become effective team members ultimately encourage and enhance a team’s synergy, causing it to become more than the sum of its parts. In this course, participants identify old, non-productive habits and replace them with the proven habits of effective team members. The course gives participants the skills for making a profound and immediate impact on daily productivity. Participants learn these skills through a variety of individual and team exercises, including role-play exercises and the use of several experiential learning instruments. In addition, participants create a personal action plan for transferring learned concepts to their respective roles. Ultimately, participants benefit both personally and professionally with the methods taught in this course.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate the characteristics between a work group and an effective team
- Identify the characteristics of being a proactive, supportive team member
- Implement techniques for adopting a positive mind-set about working on a team
- Value the contributions of team members toward achieving team goals
- Identify different personality and behavioral traits among team members
- Apply techniques for communicating effectively with team members with different personalities
- Leverage the diversity of team members for maximizing their individual contributions toward achieving team goals
- Implement a Personal Work Management System for increasing team member effectiveness
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.