Coaching and Feedback
The Coaching and Feedback course exposes participants on the DiSC Behavioral Model for two reasons—exploring what they bring to coaching relationship that is helpful and promotes successful outcomes as well as the tendencies, motivation, and fears of the four style preferences. The Coaching and Feedback course also provides specific characteristics of an effective coach. It provides a behavior-based feedback model, the SBI, which focuses on behavior and the impact of the problem behavior. The course includes a variety of exercises including small group, large group, and individual tasks. Interactive games reinforce key concepts and principles that were learned throughout the course.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify personal behavioral preferences
- Describe how differing behavioral preferences can positively or negatively affect relationships
- Assess the best approach for enhancing interpersonal relationships between various behavioral preferences
- Identify the critical elements of communication and common barriers between people of differing behavioral preferences
- Increase personal and organizational effectiveness by taking a more proactive role in building relationships within their team and organization
- Identify the basics of the “science” of human motivation including the theories of formative motivation researchers such as Mayo, Maslow, Hertzberg, and McClelland
- Inspire higher levels of commitment from others and earn their trust
- Identify the characteristics of being an effective coach
- Support others by providing specific, behavior-based feedback
- Create and maintain high morale by providing feedback that either re-enforces a desired behavior or corrects an undesirable behavior
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.