Applying Your Imagination: Creative Problem Solving
With the rapid pace of today’s business environment, taking advantage of opportunities requires constantly hunting for new and innovative solutions to the challenges facing an organization. This course provides precisely the skills needed for innovating in a fast-paced world. Participants learn the creative problem solving process, which helps them recognize opportunities for improving performance, choose correctly from a wide variety of resources for solving problems efficiently, anticipate problems in project planning, and promote the continuous involvement of others. The concepts taught in this course through discussions, exercises, and breakout group sessions are immediately applicable in both a personal and professional setting (application development, publishing, getting your kids to do their chores, etc.) and are essential for the current work environment where creativity and quick thinking are more important than ever.
Why You Should Take This Course
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the creative problem solving process and understand the role of each step in the process
- Develop recognition of the key components of the creative problem solving process
- Identify the tools that foster divergent and convergent thinking
- Use creative problem solving techniques for developing innovative approaches to a complex problem
- Develop a proactive orientation to creative problem solving
- Foster an environment of creative and innovative thinking
- Articulate their vision, find the connections in disparate information, and discover their passion
- Understand the difference between creativity and innovation
- Use skills and techniques that inspire creative thinking
- Identify problems and objectives within the creative problem solving process
- Define the problem and write well-defined objectives
- Identify causes of problems by conducting a thorough and rigorous analysis
- Use evaluative techniques for solution alternatives
- Deal with complexity and isolate the root cause
- Quantify the impact (cost)
- Define a solution and assess feasibility
- Assess adverse consequences and decrease their effects
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.