Developing High Potential Teams
In the current business culture, nearly all individuals work in team settings. Given this fact, leaders must not only have excellent people skills, but must be able to gauge others’ social ability and group direct reports accordingly. The aptitude of creating effective teams is invaluable for leaders at every level of management, having a direct effect on productivity and job satisfaction. At its core, team building is about empowering employees to operate more freely, think and respond creatively, and support one another within a collaborative environment. This team-building course provides methods for establishing a high performance, high commitment team culture. Team building skills enable an organization to establish effective and collaborative working relationships, embrace the organizational structure, and accept both responsibility and the appropriate accountability for the organization’s success.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Support others through the stages of team development
- Create and maintain a team environment conducive to high performance
- Build openness, trust, and respect among team members
- Value the contributions of each team member
- Adjust their individual behavior for working effectively with different personality types within the team
- Surface and resolve team conflict constructively using team problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Break down communication barriers within the team, improve interpersonal processes, and foster interaction among team members
- Acknowledge and celebrate team accomplishments
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.