Developing an Entrepreneurial Mindset
This course introduces the fundamentals of developing and unlocking the entrepreneurial mindset as an entrepreneur, intrapreneur, or socialpreneur. The course takes a spirited approach to the creation of a framework for identifying methods that establish and leverage an entrepreneurial mindset. The design of this course is for individuals seeking greater understanding of the entrepreneurial mindset. It introduces concepts not only relevant to future managers, marketers, and investors, but also individual contributors in all occupations. The strong sense of initiative implicit in entrepreneurial thinking is incredibly useful even outside of working as an entrepreneur, and the skills gained in this course translate usefully into any profession. Through a selection of case studies, texts, articles, blogs, projects, and presentations, this course provides participants with the tools necessary for applying entrepreneurial thinking in their work and life.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Encourage the building of an entrepreneurial mindset
- Frame the challenges they face
- Disrupt the rules of the game
- Apply entrepreneurial competencies
- Develop discovery-driven planning
- Manage with uncertain outcomes
- Define and develop the instincts of an entrepreneurial, intrapreneurial, and socialpreneurial mindset
- Leverage a non-neurological perspective by using their whole mind for: articulating their vision, finding the connections in disparate information, valuing emotional intelligence, and discovering their passion
- Recognize the key components of the entrepreneurial enterprise: innovation, talent, failure, planning, etc.
- Identify the leadership requirements and personal responsibility of the entrepreneur
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Asynchronous courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.