Developing the Skillful Supervisor
Skillful supervision is fundamental for creating and sustaining a healthy and vibrant organizational culture. Organizations cannot afford to haphazardly toss new supervisors into their roles and expect them to learn on the fly; it is simply not a sink or swim situation. The learning curve is incredibly steep with no introduction to a supervising position – and the consequences of poor management are too significant to ignore. This practical and results-oriented skill-building course provides both new and experienced supervisors with proven tools and techniques immediately applicable in their own workplace. As a supervisor, developing and maintaining relationships is pivotal in achieving organizational success. Establishing and maintaining positive relationships within the workplace enables effective cooperation and promotes higher productivity among associates. Preparation is critical for building and maintaining positive relationships, allowing for behavioral flexibility in handling different situations and people. Participants practice techniques for opening the lines of communication between individuals and gaining commitment from colleagues, subordinates, and superiors. In this course, participants learn techniques for changing the way they manage relationships, yielding better organizational results and improved personal effectiveness.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify different personality types and describe how differing types can affect relationships and supervisory success
- Assess the best approach for enhancing interpersonal relationships between various personality types
- Identify the critical elements of communication and break down the common barriers between people of differing personality styles
- Increase personal and organizational effectiveness by taking a more proactive role in building relationships within their team and organization
- Describe and embrace the role of supervisor and accept personal responsibility
- Effectively delegate and coach for high performance
- Manage personal and team time effectively
- Apply planning techniques for improving team performance
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.