When teams do not commit to a clear plan of action, even the most focused and driven individuals hesitate to call their peers on actions and behaviors that may seem counterproductive to the overall good of the team. The need to avoid interpersonal discomfort prevents team members from holding one another accountable. A cohesive team’s members willingly remind one another when they are not living up to the performance standards of the team.
Upon completion of Embracing Accountability, participants will be able to:
- Become comfortable holding others accountable for their commitments
- Remind others willfully if they are not living up to the performance standards of the team
- Be accountable for their own failures in front of the team and commit to correcting them
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Introduction to Leadership – A Working Leadership Model
- The Leadership Challenge
- The Four Competencies of Effective Leadership
- Effective “Followership”
- Behavioral Differences between Leaders and Managers
- Leading With a Positive Attitude
- Typing Ourselves and Others
- Improving Communications Through Typing
- Working Effectively with Different Styles
- Leveraging Personality Styles to Maximize Performance
- Applying Type to Improve Relationships
- Practicing Active Listening
- Eliminating Filters to Effective Listening
- Helping Others Listen More Effectively
- Doing the Basics Better
Communications and Perceptions
- How Perceptions Influence Relationships
- Building Trust
- Understanding and Managing Assumptions
- Reducing Defensiveness
- Applying Direct and Indirect Messages
Building Effective Workplace Relationships
- Defining the “Ideal Relationship”
- Behaviors – Those That Support / Those That Undermine
- Assessing Your Relationships
- Self-Awareness and Self-Concept
- Knowledge Is Power – Share Fully
- Using Feedback Skills to Build High-Performance Relationships
- What Is Emotional Intelligence
- Self-Awareness and Self-Management
- Overcoming Emotional Triggers
- Social Awareness and Relationship Management
- Influencing and Motivating with Emotional Intelligence
Influencing Others to Action
- Choosing the Right Influencing Strategy (and Avoiding the Wrong Ones)
- Influencing Without Formal Authority
- Effectively Using Assertive – Responsive Techniques
- Transferring Program Learning to the Workplace
- Identifying Next Steps
- Developing a Personal Action Plan
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.