High Impact Leadership
Leaders endeavor to see into the future and create a strategy for an organization. In addition, they can communicate that vision in a way that excites and inspires. What remains to be done, however, is the work of making that strategy a reality; changing the output of strategic thinking into achievements. This course focuses on issues critical to the effective management of functional and cross-functional teams. In this course, participants learn a framework for their planning efforts; this includes the essential elements of project planning methods and techniques that can be applied to any situation, large or small, where problems need to be solved and goals achieved on time and within budget. The course also enhances the participants’ capacity to build consensus decision-making skills within their teams. Through an in-depth and highly interactive exercise, participants learn how to achieve synergistic problem solving with their team by maximizing their use of available resources, knowledge, and task skills.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Translate strategy into actionable goals
- Create plans to implement those goals
- Manage a plan to achieve the intended results
- Flex a preferred communication style to gain buy-in and support
- Form a team where members will work together to achieve the goals
- Form a team where members hold each other accountable for making progress
- Facilitate consensus building
- Identify obstacles, assess risks, and plan appropriate counter measures
- Accurately identify and manage adoption risk
- Accurately identify and manage co-innovation risk
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.