Leader is Coach
We believe that all leaders “show-up” more effectively, have greater influence with those around them, and have a more significant cascading leadership impact if they harness, promote, and diffuse a coaching mindset always. Leader AS Coach could suggest being a coach is simply one of the “hats” a leader wears; whereas, we typically use the language Leader IS Coach to convey a more permanent and dedicated mindset and approach to leading others. Bottom line, we believe you cannot lead effectively without coaching and you cannot coach effectively without leading.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Promote employees to be coaches of others, including direct reports, focused on employee creating a development and learning culture
- Facilitate career development conversation focused on a person’s motivations, interests, and opportunities
- Focus conversations to promote employee engagement in their career and within the company
- Provide strategies for individuals to guide others through complex problem-solving situations, with a focus on promoting collaborative and open conversations to overcome barriers
- Provide structured feedback to support an individual’s development and performance by influencing and supporting employees to own and manage their performance and actions
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.