Leadership and Communication
Today’s strong leaders act and react positively in virtually any situation and can always balance their concerns for productivity against their concerns for people. For an individual in a leadership role, if they can learn and master the skills of management, then the benefits accrue in the form of productive employees, strong teams, and quality work. The design of the course assists participant understanding and application of management techniques for maximizing their employees’ time and abilities. One of the great challenges of leading an organization is communication. This course employs strategies for participant development of effective communication skills. The course caters to different learning and communication styles, enabling participants to examine their own communication styles, practice interpersonal skills in a controlled environment, and ultimately change behavior resulting in communication that is more successful.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and apply the skills for empathetic listening
- Plan and prepare for a briefing or presentation
- Understand the importance of emotional management as a leader
- Leverage components of EQ for increasing team performance
- Identify various leadership behaviors and styles
- Inspire action as a leader and gain followership
- Differentiate between non-productive (bad) and productive (good) conflict
- Articulate a unit’s mission and vision and establish goals
- Manage multiple and conflicting priorities
- Coach employees for enhanced performance
- Motivate employees and build employee commitment
- Create and maintain a team environment conducive to high performance
- Build openness, trust, and respect among team members
- Break down communication barriers within the team, improve interpersonal processes, and foster interaction among team members
- Establish a high performance and high commitment team culture
- Foster organization agility
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.